Dataset 'Nederlandse volwassenen'
- code: dined2004
- measure date:
- publication date: 2004
- type: empiric
This is the latest version in the DINED-series: a table that estimates the anthropometry of the Dutch according to the most recent sources.
The first version started in 1982 and was used for more then 20 years as a standard in furniture industry and published as appendix from NEN1813
Dined 2003 was a joint project from TUDelft and TNO Humand Factors.
In this case for DINED 2004 there are two sources:
1. From TUdelft the so called Geron-project 1993-1998 of our Ergonomics group, in which s sample of 750 people were measured:150 young adults(aged 20-30) and 600 people aged over 50 and living independently. This was a research project of several staff members, like Dirken(projectleader), Molenbroek, Steenbekkers, Voorbij, van Beijsterveldt and Houtkamp. The results are pubished in several research papers (see list of publications) and firstly in a book, edited by Steenbekkers and van Beijsterveldt(1998), see for bibliography on A more extensive description of this project can be found here: Geron-project.
2. From TNO Human Factors Soesterberg, the circumferences within the DINED-2004 orginated from their Caesar-project. See www.NedScan.nl.
- people: Dirken, TUD; Steenbekkers, WUR; Daanen, TNO; Voorbij NEN; Molenbroek, TUD
- source: TUDelft: Geron-project
- book: Productergonomie, Ontwerpen voor gebruikers, prof.dr. J.M. Dirken, 2004, 496 p., ISBN 90-407-2498-9
- more information on: http://www.vssd.nl/hlf/ergonomie.html,http://www.dined.nl